Install Wireless Network Adapter Driver Windows 7
This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
Applies To: Windows SBS 2008
A driver is required for the network adapter on your server, so that it can be properly configured for your Windows SBS 2008 network.
If you have drivers provided by the manufacturer, do any of the following:
- Follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer to install the drivers.
- Open Device Manager, and then follow the instructions in the procedure.
To install drivers for your network adapter by using Device Manager
- Locate the media that contains the driver for your network adapter.
- On the A network adapter was not found page, click Open Device Manager to install drivers.
- In Device Manager, click the Action menu, and then click Add legacy hardware.
- In the Add Hardware Wizard, click Next, and then follow the instructions in the wizard.
- When the Add Hardware Wizard finishes, on the A network adapter was not found page, click Test network adapter to continue installing Windows SBS 2008.
- Open Windows Explorer to install a driver that is in an executable (.exe) file, and then follow the instructions in the procedure.
To install drivers for your network adapter by using Windows Explorer
- On the A network adapter was not found page, click Browse to open Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to the executable file that contains the driver, and then double-click the file to install the driver.
If the server reboots after installing the drivers, the installation of Windows SBS 2008 still continues. The installation restarts at the Welcome page, and then you repeat a few of the Windows SBS 2008 configuration pages to continue.