TiVo Wireless Network Adapter
- Make sure the Power light is on. The Power light lights up when there is power going to the adapter:
- Check the link light operation. The link light:
Blinks slowly when the adapter is trying to find your network
Stays lit when the adapter is connected to the network
Blinks rapidy during data transmission.
- If the adapter power light is on but the link light does not light up, the adapter is working properly, but the DVR is not communicating with your network. Go to How to configure network settings on your DVR for instructions on changing your network settings.
If the power light on the TiVo Wireless G adapter is off, try the following steps. After each step, check the power light to see if the issue is resolved.
- Check the System Information screen to make sure the DVR is running software version 11.3b3 or later. (From TiVo Central select Messages & Settings > Account & System Information > System Information.)
- If there is another USB device plugged into the DVR, unplug it.
- Unplug both ends of the TiVo Adapter, wait 30 seconds, and then reconnect both ends of the USB cable.
- If the adapter power light is still not on, make sure the cable is firmly plugged in to the adapter and the USB cable, and then restart the DVR.
The adapter is physically damaged
Most TiVo wireless adapters are in good condition when they are first removed from their original packaging. On rare occasions, however, an adapter will get damaged in shipping. If the package arrives with loose parts that rattle, or there is obvious physical damage to the adapter or cable, contact TiVo customer support .
To get a stronger signal to the DVR, lift the top of the adapter until it is at a 90 degree angle from the base. The top of the adapter is an antenna, and at 90 degrees it reaches its optimum height.