What is the Wireless Network Connection Adapter?
If the wireless network connection does not work between base station and PC:
Make sure that your PC is trying to connect to the base station:
1. Open Network and Sharing Center by selecting Start → Control Panel → Network and Sharing Center.
2. Click View status of the wireless network connection.
3. If the Media State is Disabled, select Manage network connections and enable connection.
4. Select Start → Connect To. Wait for couple of seconds while the computer searches the networks. If Team2_XXXXXXXX doesn't appear on the list:
- Refresh the list by clicking the Refresh button in the upper right corner.
- Make sure the Team2 software is running.
- Make sure the base station is switched on.
- If there are visible light indicators in your Wi-Fi adapter, check that they are flashing. The flashing means that the connection is working.
- If you have a separate on/off switch for your Wi-Fi adapter (e.g. touch button on your laptop's keyboard), make sure the adapter is switched on.
- Make sure your wireless connection adapter is enabled:
Select Start → Control Panel → Network and Sharing Center.
Click View status link.
Media State should be Enabled. If the Media State is not Enabled, select Manage network connections and enable connection. 5. Select Team2_XXXXXXXX from the networks list and click Connect.
6. You are asked to give the network key to finalize the connection.
7. Check Team2_XXXXXXXX is Connected.
- Make sure you are using the correct wireless network key. To find out the wireless network key:a. Connect your PC and the base station with the Ethernet cable.b. Open Team2 PC software.c. Select Tools → Preferences.d. Select the Base station/USB Dongle tab.The wireless network key is shown in the Password input field.
- Check that IP address of the base station is 192.168.42.x (x can be any number):
Select Start → Control Panel → Network and Sharing Center → View status. Connection status is shown.
Select Details. The IP address is displayed.
If the IP address is something else than 192.168.42.x, click Close and select Diagnose.
Select Automatically get new IP settings for the network adapter "Wireless Network Connection".
Some computers may automatically block the WiFi connection when Ethernet cable is plugged in even if the Wi-Fi adapter is enabled. In this case, remove the Ethernet cable from the PC connector.
Some computers may automatically block the WiFi connection if you are using a docking station. In this case, remove the laptop from the docking station.
When all of the above is checked:
- Close the software and switch off the base station.
- Switch on the base station and wait until blue light 1 is on. Start the software again.
- Reboot your PC.
- Update wireless connection adapter drivers (adapter manufacturer's web site).
If the wireless connection works between the PDA and the base station but not between the PC and the base station, the problem is most likely in your PC settings.